|1. Sony DSCW800B 20.1 MP||2. Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 20MP||3. Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II|
Digital cameras or digicams are cameras that store pictures in the digital memory. Most cameras that you come across these days are digital. While there are a variety of dedicated digital cameras today, they are being incorporated into our mobile phones, ipads, ipods.
Digital cameras still hold a relevance in today’s time. They click breathtaking shots which are very clear and indepth. They offer great zooming capacity. They can zoom in 40 times more as opposed to our phone cameras. They come with really cool features and functions which are invariably missing in our phones. Thus, buying a digicam makes total sense.
Now there are so many cameras in the market which are good. But which one is the ‘one’ for you. we have creating a list of the Best Compact Digital Cameras for your perusal. They are available for different price point, colours and even features. They vary in terms of the image quality but all of them are worth considering.
Before going through the list of Best Compact Digital Cameras you must go through the factors you need to keep In mind before making the purchase.
Once you have done that, browse through the list of Best Compact Digital Cameras to select the one for you.
Factors To Look For In The Best Compact Digital Cameras
Aperture is that part of a camera that constricts the amount of light that enters. It is measured in diameters. In places with less light or at night, the camera widens its aperture to let more light inside in order to get a clearer picture. In situations where there is too much light, such as at a beach or a really sunny day, it makes more sense to lower the aperture so that your images don’t look too washed or blurry.
Therefore, an aperture is very important while choosing a camera as it directly affects the image quality. You must pick a camera with a bigger aperture as it will help you get good shots even when it is terribly dark outside.
2. Shutter Speed
The shutter speed is the speed at which the shutters snap and a picture is clicked. It also directly affects the image. When you have a camera with a low shutter speed, you can instantly shoot and capture the moment. But when you get a camera with a high shutter speed, you miss the moment and end up clicking a totally different image.
Shutter speed is an important factor to be kept in mind. Users often exclaim that a camera with a low shutter speed is more beneficial to them as it allows them to instantly capture their kids’ reactions or permit breathtaking snapshots of animal photography. When you get a camera with a high shutter speed, you might miss such moments.
Getting a camera with a good lens is absolutely essential. The quality and preciseness of the lens directly affect the image clarity. You can definitely buy additional lenses and increase preciseness but it is always better to buy a camera with good enough lenses.
ISO is an acronym for the International Organization for Standardization. In layman’s language and as far as cameras are concerned, this is a measure of film speed and the amount of light the film can absorb. In modern digital cameras, the ISO can be adjusted and moved up and down. The ISO makes sure your pictures are more crisp and clear. It is better to invest in a camera with a higher ISO as it directly affects the quality of the image.
Autofocus is the ability to automatically focus on the main object in the picture such that you get a clearer picture. Modern cameras often come with in-built autofocus. Autofocus single-handedly eliminates shaky pictures and blurry images with its automatic response.
When buying a digital camera, make sure that it comes with autofocus. This feature would be of great help and ensure that your pictures are more professional less amateur.
Battery life is so important. Choosing a camera which is easy to charge and stays charged for longer is essential. You would not want to be out and about with a camera with zero charge. What if you are at a far away destination and your camera is about to die with no place to charge it in sight?
First things first, you must invest in a camera that has a good battery life. Now, cameras are only meant to click pictures so why does their battery drain so easily?
It is because cameras have a lot if inbuilt features such as automatic focusing or WiFi connectivity which drains the battery. So you should choose a camera with loads of feature but ones that you have a chance of using. They shouldn’t be excessively draining.
Another thing to consider is whether you are going to charge your camera regularly or can invest in a good external battery source.
If your job requires you to travel to far off destinations and do not want to buy another device do not worry! There are loads of cameras available on the market ( a few have been mentioned below as well) that use batteries. You could simply change the batteries and be good to go.
Size is one of the main concerns while choosing the right camera. Part of the reason why people don’t buy cameras anymore is because they do not want to carry an extra burden wherever they go. They could simply use their phones, right?
I do agree that phones like Iphone and Samsung Galaxy have changed the way people click pictures. Their picture quality is really nice so why would you carry another device? firstly, these phones are expensive. You could easily buy a good phone and a great camera at a lower price point.
Another reason as to why I feel that it is good to own a digital camera is that it is no more cumbersome and difficult to fit in your bag. Most of the cameras listed below are compact and fulfill our size requirement. People do not always want to dish out their phones and click a picture. It is battery draining and their picture quality will not be as great. These cameras offer wider scope, more zoom and clearer picture.
For bloggers, you could also use your phone whilst shooting which wouldn’t be possible if you were shooting on your phone. There are so many additional features which are very useful and missing on your phone.
Before looking for a camera it is important that you specify your range and whether you will be okay with stretching a little bit. Setting a range will be very helpful in the long run.
Most people often start looking for a camera without fixing their limit. What usually happens is that they might like a camera which is a little pricey. They might want to buy it or buy it and then realize how spend thrift they have been. It is a very miserable situation where you fix your mind on a camera and do not have enough dough to buy it.
There is absolutely no reason to just settle with a camera. You should never settle in life so why do that when buying a camera? Thus, you must write done a price, look for cameras within that range.
Pro tip: even if you can afford a really pricey camera it is better to go for one that is actually worth the money. In most cases the camera is highly pricey due to the brand. It might not function that well or their might be a camera from a lesser known brand which has much better reviews and performance. Go for that one. You could use the extra cash to buy yourself something else. This way you can have your camera and another device or thing of your choice
Therefore, understand what purpose you are going to fulfill with this camera and accordingly make the choice. On an average people use their cameras for about 4-5 years before replacing it. this investment seems to be very tough and you would only want the best for yourself. So, making it easier for you. decide on a camera that you wouldn’t mind using for 4-5 years. Make the investment accordingly.
Top 15 Best Compact Digital Cameras 2019
1. Sony DSCW800/B 20.1 MP Digital Camera
- 20.1 MP 1/2.3 inch Super HAD CCD sensor
- 5x optical zoom lens
- f/3.2-6.4, 26-130 mm equivalent
- 2.7 inch screen, 230K dots
- ISO100 – ISO3200
- 720p video, 30 fps, mono sound
- 5 cm macro focus
- Easy mode
- Available in silver or black
- Budget friendly
- Compact in size
- Easy to use
- Real Xenon Flash
- 5x optical zoom lens
- Plastic Construction
- CCD Sensor
- 720p video
- Noise at higher ISO speeds
- Lacks Wi-Fi
The Sony DSCW800/B 20.1 MP Digital Camera is one of the Best Compact Digital Cameras in the market today. It is very affordable, action packed, and well loved by beginners and veterans alike due to its image quality and durability.
The camera comes with an instructions manual that helps you navigate its many functions and features. The battery life of this camera is also great. You will not have to worry about excessive drainage for a long time, which makes it ideal for vacations and trips. The camera can also be charged via USP on the go, making it uber convenient.
Picture Effect is a great tool for adding depth and perspective into ordinary-looking images. This helps you make your pictures look more professional and crisp without having to manipulate the lighting or adding special effects. This feature can be applied to panoramic shots, still images, and even movies.
The camera offers a great reach which goes beyond the traditional wide-angle lens and captures breathtaking shots with it. You simply have to point the camera to the desired place and shoot. It captures images almost instantly ensuring that you have memory stores with you forever. The camera allows you to move a full 360 degrees and take various panoramic shots. This is a great feature for those who would like to capture wider landscapes.
Another great feature that comes along with this camera is Smile Detection sensitivity. This technology clicks just by smiling. All you have to do is smile and the camera shoots. You can select from child or adult priority depending on who you want to focus on. This is one of its remarkable features and works well even in difficult conditions such as back lighting and twilight.
2. Canon PowerShot ELPH 180 20MP 8X Zoom Digital Camera (Silver) + 32GB Card + Reader + Case + Accessory Bundle
- Camera is very compact
- 230,000 Screen dots per image
- USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)
- weighs 126 g (0.28 lb / 4.44 oz) including batteries
- 1/2.3″ (6.17 x 4.55 mm) sensor size
- Has Focal length a 28–224 mm
- Screen size of about 2’7 inches
- Image quality of 20 megapixels
- Size dimensions 95 x 54 x 22 mm (3.74 x 2.13 x 0.87″)
- Storage type SD/SDHC/SDXC card
- 224 mm Good Tele Lens
- Comes with Image Stabilization Mode
- Sensor has high resolution of 20.0 MP
- 126 g weight only. Camera is very Light weight
- Face Detection and focusing
- No WiFi connection
- Slow continuous shooting: 0.8 fps
- No manual focusing and exposure
- Low battery life of only 220 shots
- No touch screen
- No RAW shooting
- No environmental sealing
- No full HD video
- No full HD video
- Low screen resolution (230 k dots)
- Max sensitivity only ISO 1.600
The camera comes along with a nb-11lh lithium-ion battery pack, cb-2lf battery charger, and a ws-800 wrist strap. All the additional items are of good quality, just like the camera. The company also offers a 1 year warranty. They promise to exchange the product or repair it for any damage that you may have caused intentionally or unintentionally (no questions asked) within that time frame. Their after-sales service is just great, which is another reason why you should invest in them.
The camera is also affordable and clicks images of very high quality while being sturdy and sure to last a very long time. It is also very compact and can be carried even in your little sling bag. The battery life is not that great but you could always charge it with a USB cord anywhere. The camera is one of the best in the market and thus rightly features under the category of the Best Compact Digital Cameras.
3. Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II Compact Digital Camera w/1 Inch Sensor and 3 inch LCD – Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth Enabled (Silver)
- 20.1 MP 1″- type BSI CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 7 processor
- 28-84 mm equivalent F2-4.9 lens
- Built-in neutral density filter
- 3″ touchscreen LCD
- Up to 8.2 fps burst shooting
- 1080/60p video capture
- In-camera Raw conversion
- Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth
- Excellent image stabilization
- Trendy color and facade
- External charger included along with an option for USB charging
- Customizable lens control ring, menus and button
- Intuitive touchscreen interface
- Respectable subject tracking
- Uber compact
- Good quality 1080p video
- Built-in ND filter
- In-camera Raw conversion
- Well-built and commendable design body
- Fast burst shooting with large buffer
- Heavy noise reduction and unsophisticated sharpening
- Soft lens greatly reduces detail capture
- Can’t open menus or playback mode while buffer is clearing
- Focal range is not very versatile as compared to competitors
- Lens is slow at tele end
- Very dismal battery life
- Fixed LCD
- Switching between control ring functions requires tapping the screen
- Touchscreen-based interface but not suitable for all
Canon PowerShot G9 X Mark II is a very compact and traditional camera. It has a touch screen and clicks images of really high quality. The touch screen helps you focus on the object at hand and the various manuals ensure that you take the best shot. The camera does not however, support a headphone or microphone. This does not come as a shock nor should you base your decision to buy this camera on this feature.
This camera may not be the most affordable but is definitely worth the buy. The user experience of this camera is great which is why it is also highly rated on Amazon. The camera is ideal for all sorts of people ranging from beginners to professionals.
4. Sony RX100 20.2 MP Premium Compact Digital Camera w/ 1-inch Sensor, 28-100 mm ZEISS Zoom Lens, 3” LCD
This camera is one of the best products for advanced photographers who are on the lookout for a compact buy. It is an expensive product but justifies the high price by flooding the user with cool and very practical features and functions.
With the help of its Picture Effect, you will be able to convert even ordinary pictures into professional portraits. The feature also allows you to add effects such as Soft Focus, Posterization, Retro Photo, High Contrast Monochrome, Rich-tone Monochrome, Miniature, Soft High-key, Toy Camera, Pop Color, Partial Color, Watercolor Painting, HDR Painting, and Illustration.
The image quality of this picture is also very crisp and full of depth. Even minute details are picked up perfectly. The camera easily captures wide shots automatically. As soon as you press shoot and sweep the camera, it shoots and stitches the various pictures together into a beautiful single image.
The camera has an in-built Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) Mode which automatically detects the kind of scenery and chooses the most appropriate setting. This automatic selection reduces manual work making the process easier and more quick. This setting makes the product an ideal pick for all as it clicks better quality pictures even if you lack previous experience. This feature works well even in difficult conditions such as areas with low lighting or at night.
- Full HD 1080/60p
- Memory recall
- High speed cuto focus
- Face Detection/ registration technology
- Auto HDR mode
- Built in pop up flash
- Multi-aspect ratio recording for still images
- Photo Creativity
- 3.6x optical/7.2x clear Image digital zoom
- Digital level gauge
- MF assist and peaking
- Four focusing modes
- Multi-frame noise reduction
- Clickless control dial does not help and takes blurry and unengaging shooting experience
- Flash metering is disappointing
- Lack of ND filter can limit the ability to use wide apertures
- The screen is hard to see in sunshine in spite of having WhiteMagic technology
- There is no official option to use filters along with the lens (you could however invest in third-party glue-on adapters, which are available)
- No In-camera raw conversion which is quite disappointing
- Playback confusingly separated into stills, MP4 and AVCHD sections
- Buffers when trying to zoom in
- Playback mode is dismal
- USB-only charging creates the need to use and invest in a spare battery
5. Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera 24.3MP SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (Black) w/16-50mm Power Zoom Lens
The a6000 is a really good camera and has outdone its predecessor by leaps and bounds. It is the perfect pick for a professional as it offers great features. The camera offers impressive image quality in both JPEG and RAW modes. The video quality is quite commendable as well.
The camera is also competitively priced making it a great deal. The camera has many strong areas, one of which is its ability to click beautiful stills which are very clear cut. Other than that, the zoom lens is of very good quality and does a lovely job. The camera is also built very sturdily and will last a very long time if handled with care. You can even buy additional lenses if you want to ramp up the resolution and obtain extremely high quality images which you would get from a DSLR. All-in-all, this camera is a complete all rounder and very difficult to beat.
- 24 megapixel APS-C sensor is one of the best in its class
- Small body with but controls and buttons are well placed
- Commendable and top class continuous autofocus
- Excellent level of control over video
- Great manual exposure
- High quality and very responsive viewfinder
- Comes with inbuilt electronic first-curtain option
- Good JPEGs which permits well-judged sharpening
- Extensive feature set, such as sweep panorama and auto-object framing
- Wi-Fi with plenty of options
- USB charging makes charging convenient
- Flash exposures is often misjudged
- There is no In-camera Raw conversion option
- Noise reduction is hard to use and destroys the feelNo touchscreen option
- Comes with no electronic level gauge
- Battery life is bad
- Specifying an autofocus point can be trouble some
- Lens range is not as well developed as compared to other models on the market
- Movie record button shoots blurry shaken footage at start and end of the clips
- Lack of included external charger which means you have to invest in second battery charged. An added expenditure and quite awkward
6. Canon PowerShot A2500 16MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 2.7-Inch LCD
- 16MP – 1/2.3″ CCD Sensor
- ISO 100 – 1600
- 28 – 140 mm F2.8-6.9 Zoom Lens
- 3″ Fixed Type Screen
- 1 fps continuous shooting
- 1280 x 720 video resolution
- 135g. 98 x 56 x 20 mm
- Comes with Face detection focusing
- Fast 2.80 lens and shoots wide angles
- 135g weight only. Very light body
- No Wireless Connection
- No Full HD Video
- No Built-in Viewfinder
- No Environmental Sealing
- No Articulating Screen
- No Touch Screen
- Low Screen Resolution ( 230kdots )
- Low Battery Life lasting only 220 shots
- No Manual Exposure and focusing
The Canon PowerShot A2500 is available in three different shades – red, silver and black. The prices vary depending on the color, but the camera itself is quite fairly priced and may not look the most appealing. It is part silver and part red/black/silver. Users have often remarked that the silver part gets easily scratched and by being of a light shade, scratches are easily noticeable, giving it a very shabby look.
The features of the camera are starkly opposite to what it looks like! The camera clicks pictures in 16 MP as the name suggests. The video quality is also superb with 720p HD. It also features a Canon DIGIC 4 image processor which helps you to get really defined images.
The zoom lenses ensure 5X optical zoom that obtains clear images even if you are standing quite far from the object. The camera also comes with a very interesting feature called Smart Auto which selects an appropriate setting from a wide range of shooting options.
7. Nikon Coolpix A10
- 16MP – 1/2.3″ CCD Sensor
- ISO 80 – 1600
- 26-130 mm F3.2-6.5 Zoom Lens
- Digital Image Stabilization
- 2.7″ Fixed Type Screen
- 1.2 fps continuous shooting
- 1280 x 720 video resolution
- 160g in weight; dimensions: 96 x 59 x 29 mm
- Good image quality at this price
- Good battery backup
- Compact and slim design
- Great autofocus
- Stylish façade
- Smart Portrait and Blink Proof systems
- Low price point
- Plastic body
- Poor clarity
- Low resolution display
- Slow image processing
The lenses are enabled to zoom 5X and ensure you get high definition pictures. The camera facilitates 16.1 Mega Pixel close ups and records videos in 720p HD video. It runs on AA lithium, alkaline and Nikon rechargeable batteries .This means that you do not have to wait for it to charge to use it. You could simple pop in a new set of batteries and be good to go. This makes it very easy to travel with. The camera also flaunts a built-in microphone which picks up sound as well as images with its excellent quality that makes video recording very convenient. The camera also has a large 2.7 inch LCD display, which is quite commendable.
The Easy Auto Mode picks the best setting for your shot automatically, while the Smart Portrait System helps you better your portrait pictures by making them look more flattering. The camera also comes with various cool features like Face Priority AF, Skin Softening, Blink Warning, and more. You could also adjust your background to suit around 15 sceneries that include Beach, Snow, Night Portrait, Sunset, and more to get improved and effortless shots.
8. Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 Digital Camera w/12x Optical Zoom and Image Stabilization – Wi-Fi & NFC Enabled
- Resolution: 20.2 megapixels
- Optical zoom: 12X
- LCD: 3.0 inch, 461,000 pixels
- Maximum image size: 5184 x 3888 pixels
- Battery: Rechargeable Li-Ion
- Dimensions: 3.92 x 2.28 x 0.9 inches
- Weight: 4.59 ounces (without battery and memory card)
- Image sensor: 1/2.3-inch CMOS
- Movie mode: Full HD 1080p
- Fast performance with limited shutter buffers compared to other inexpensive cameras available in the market
- Image quality commendable if compared with versus similarly priced models
- Thin camera fits easily in a pocket, very compact
- 12X optical zoom lens is a nice feature in a thin camera
- Plenty of special effects in its shooting modes
- Sharp LCD screen
- Good price point
- Image quality is very dismal when shooting in low light
- Flash isn’t as good as it should be
- Camera’s shutter speed is bad as compared to other models
- No options for full manual control over photos
- No touch screen LCD
- No tilting LCD options
- Battery life is below average
The camera is available in three different shades – black, silver and purple. The black camera looks very professional and is ideal for those who like their stuff to be classic. Silver is a great option for adults or older people or even those who love the steel finish, while purple is best-suited for those who like to experiment. Moreover, the purple camera looks quite trendy and is sure to make you feel great while capturing beautiful moments with it.
The Canon PowerShot 360 is a very good camera that does its job perfectly. However, it is a pricey camera for the quality and features it offers. You could definitely get a better camera with better functions for the same price or even lower.
The camera can be compared to the newer ELPH 360. If you can, you should ideally save a little more and wait for a while to buy the Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 HS.
9. Sony RX100 II 20.2 MP Premium Compact Digital Camera w/ 1-inch Sensor, MI (Multi-Interface) Shoe and tilt LCD Screen (DSCRX100M2/B)
- 1″-type Exmor-R BSI-CMOS sensor (13.2 x 8.8mm, 3:2 aspect ratio)
- 20.2 million effective pixels
- 28-100mm (equiv), f/1.8-4.9 Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens
- 10fps continuous shooting in ‘Speed Priority’ mode
- Steady-Shot image stabilization
- ISO 160-12,800 (Down to ISO 100 and to 25,600 expanded)
- 13 Picture Effects (33 with variations)
- 1080p60 video, (AVCHD) with MP4 option (50p in PAL regions)
- Rear control dial and customizable front control ring
- Tiltable 3″ 1.2M-dot ‘WhiteMagic’ LCD screen
- NFC-mediated Wi-Fi allowing file transfer and control from smartphones
- Memory Recall feature can store up to three groups of custom settings
- Built-in stereo microphones
- 330-shot battery life (CIPA)
- Image quality is at the top of its class
- Comparatively large 1″ sensor in a compact-sized camera
- Good quality Zeiss lens with bright wide-angle aperture
- Tilting LCD that’s usable even in bright conditions
- Wi-Fi sharing works consistently and quickly
- Customizable memory-recall shooting modes
- Great AF speed
- Fast power charger included with USB compatibility
- Hot shoe adds compatibility with viewfinder and flash accessories
- Overabundance of filter and low-light shooting modes
- Clickless control wheel makes for a somewhat unengaging shooting experience
- Available hot shoe accessories are pricey, oversized for RX100 II
- Continuous AF mode somewhat jarring and unreliable
- No in-camera Raw conversion
- Filter effect modes unavailable in Raw + JPEG shooting
- In-camera charging puts camera out of play while battery is charging
The performance of this particular model is very similar to that of its predecessor. The camera produces exceptional high-quality pictures and is very compact, making it one of the Best Compact Digital Cameras thus far. It performs brilliantly and is at the top of its class. The only downfall to this product is its very high price which makes it one of the most expensive cameras of this list. But it is certainly worth every penny if you don’t mind splurging on this wonderful pick.
10. Sony DSCWX220/B 18.2 MP Digital Camera with 2.7-Inch LCD
- 18MP – 1/2.3″ BSI-CMOS Sensor
- ISO 100 – 12800
- 25 – 250 mm F3.3-5.9 Zoom Lens
- Optical Image Stabilization
- 3″ Fixed Type Screen
- 10 fps continuous shooting
- 1920 x 1080 video resolution
- Built-in Wireless
- Weight: 121g; Dimentions: 92 x 52 x 22 mm
- 10x optical zoom
- Low light shots
- Exmor R CMOS sensor
- More realistic, higher-quality images
- Smooth video1 and still images with the new BIONZ X processor
- Light weight
- Extremely fast speed
- Anti Motion Blur
- Hand-held Twilight
- 1080p movie modes
- Sweep panorama mode
- Sharp image quality with low noise and minimal blur
- No Articulating Screen
- No Touch Screen
- No Built-in Viewfinder
- No RAW Shooting
- No External Flash Shoe
- No Environmental Sealing
- No Manual Focusing and exposure
- Low Screen Resolution ( 460kdots )
- Low Battery Life: 210 shots
- Low Shutter Speed
This camera by Sony is one of their latest launches and also one of its best. It allows you to take crystal clear pictures and quite instantly. The zoom lenses function very well and allow you to click zoomed-in shots with minimum blur. The camera is however a little pricey and thus not meant for people on a strict budget.
The camera also features a Sweep Panorama mode which helps you sweep and shoot an entire landscape and get a wider angle shot. You simply have to press and slide across the view. The camera can easily shoot 360 degrees and take a variety of panoramic shots.
The camera also comes with Picture Effects which transform ordinary pictures into high definition shots. This allows you to heighten certain characteristics and emphasize on some, and involvesnine additional effects such as watercolor, partial color, and much more.
The camera is also available in two shades that include gold and black. You can purchase a black case to go with it.
11. Kodak Pizpro Friendly Zoom FZ53-BK 16MP Digital Camera with 5X Optical Zoom and 2.7″ LCD Screen (Black)
- 16.15MP 1/2.3″ CCD Sensor
- 5x Optical Zoom Lens
- 28-140mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 2.7″ 230k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Impressive 5x zoom in a slim fitting design
- 28mm wide angle lens for great images
- 720p HD video for great recordings and motion projects
- 16MP CCD Sensor for clear and beautiful pictures
- Bright 2.7-inch LCD
- Face, Smile & Blink detection so you never miss the perfect shot
- Bad quality pictures
- Pictures are quite pixelatedAutofocus does not work
- Battery life is not dismal
- The resolution of the screen doesn’t give a good representation of the actual photo taken
The Kodak PIXPRO Friendly Zoom FZ53-BK is a very affordable yet action packed camera. It isn’t the best in terms of its features and functions, but its price is an absolute grab. The camera is only available in black, which in my opinion looks good and decent. You can customize it by adding straps and accessories.
The camera comes with a very sensitive sensor and produces very high quality shots while being quite adept at shooting HD 720p/30 videos in a variety of light conditions. Additional features like Face Detection AF Face and Blink and Smile Detection make it a preferable option for teenagers and adults.
The camera also features a 5x optical zoom with a 28-140 mm equivalent focal length range, which is quite commendable. It allows for digital image stabilization which helps you shoot in difficult lighting environments. In addition, a built-in flash allows you to take crisp and clear pictures even in places with problematic brightness.
The battery is not very long lasting and will only allow you to take 200 shots per charge. The only good thing about the camera is that it does not need to be charged since it works on these batteries. This allows you to travel without worrying about draining its charge. The camera does not allow 360 degree panorama, which may be quite shocking. It only permits a 180° Panorama mode.
12. Canon PowerShot SX730 Digital Camera w/40x Optical Zoom & 3 Inch Tilt LCD – Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth Enabled
- 1/2.3-inch CMOS sensor, 20.3MP
- 24-960mm f/3.3-6.9 zoom lens
- 3.0-inch tilting screen, 922,000 dots
- Powerful 40x Optical Zoom with Zoom Framing Assist
- Sleek, lightweight, and pocket-size camera
- Built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth technology.
- Built-in wireless capability
- Image sync function
- Remote shooting with the Camera Connect app
- 20.3 Megapixel CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- Excellent zoom range for such a compact camera
- Commendable and fast response in operation
- Image stabilization is very effective
- Remarkable autofocus performance
- Wifi for remote shooting and image transfer
- Sturdy build quality
- LCD not touch sensitive
- Average quality video (and limited to Full HD)
- No USB cable provided
- No electronic level
- No viewfinder
- No raw shooting (offered on some rivals)
This camera is Canon’s latest launch and builds well on the features of its predecessor. The camera is extremely affordable and will not cause a dent in your pocket. The camera has a great façade and is available in a single black shade.
There’s also a full range of manual and semi-automatic modes, which are shutter priority and aperture priority. In addition, a Hybrid auto mode captures 2-second videos and compiles them after each calendar year. This is a great way to rewind and live all the moments of the past once again. However, the only downside of this great feature is that you cannot edit the video at any point.
The camera comes with a new mode called the selfie mode. This particular option is found on the mode dial and enables play around with your selfie, such as blurring the background, smoothing out the look of your skin, or making a few more features pop up.
13. GoPro HERO7 White — Waterproof Digital Action Camera with Touch Screen 1080p HD Video 10MP Photos
- Review Price: £379
- Shoots 4K/60fps; 1080p/240fps video
- Waterproof to 10 m
- Takes 12-megapixel still photos with HDR
- Offers livestreaming via smartphones
- Timelapse and slo-mo
- Great 4K video and image quality
- HyperSmooth stabilisation is very effective
- TimeWarp is of great fun
- Useful UI improvements with portrait orientation
- Similar design to HERO6
- Waterproof down to 10m/33ft
- Can struggle with voice commands
- Screen unresponsive at times
- Slow-mo footage only outputs through an app or software
The GoPro camera is one of the trendiest and most exciting cameras in the market. It is the perfect camera for amazing Instagram and snapchat videos.
The camera is very sturdy and completely waterproof, so you could easily use this camera to get shots underwater. You can even take it with you on holidays and adventures without worrying about scratching or ruining it in any way. The camera is made of good quality material that does not tarnish or rot away quickly. The design of the camera is also very well thought-out and looks super trendy and cool. The three different shades – silver, white and black – look equally cool.
The camera features an Intuitive Touch Screen which is very simple and easy to use. You just have to select the mode and shoot to get great shots. Just swipe and click, It’s that simple. The camera also shoots crisp and clear images and is also adept at taking videos in HD . You can use this camera to take unique time lapses and both short and long duration videos. The product also features a video stabilizer which helps you overcome the problem of shaky videos and enables you to take smooth and steady grabs.
A useful feature called Burst Modes takes 15 shots in quick succession so that you never miss a moment. Additional offerings like the Photo Timer make it an interesting pick. The only downside of this camera is that it is very pricey and thus not for everyone to enjoy. There are better alternatives out there in the market, so if you cannot afford to spend a lot you could easily invest in another piece and get somewhat similar pictures.
14. Polaroid i20X29 Digital Camera (Red) with 16GB Card + Case + Selfie Stick + Kit
- Polaroid i20X29 Digital Camera (Red)
- Transcend 16GB microSDHC UHS-I Class 10 U1
- Memory Card with Adapter
- Lowepro Newport 10 Digital Camera Case (Black/Red)
- Sunpak Selfie Stick Wand Monopod with Built-in
- Wired Shutter
- Precision Design 5-Piece Camera & Lens
- Cleaning Kit
- Precision Design 8 SD / 2 MicroSD Memory Card Case
- Universal LCD Screen Protectors
The kit also contains items to clean the camera such as a soft cloth.
- 18MP Image Sensor
- 10x Optical Zoom Lens
- 2.7″ LCD Monitor
- HD 720p Video Recording
- 18MP image sensor affords a sensitivity range of ISO 100-400
- Captures still photographs and records 720p HD video
- 10x optical zoom lens can shoot at a wide-angle to telephoto focal lengths to suit a variety of locations
- Digital anti-shake image stabilization minimizes the appearance of blurriness for sharper imagery.
- Built-in flash for additional illumination.
- 2.7″ rear LCD monitor for composing and reviewing images.
- Sepia, Monochrome, and Vivid creative settings for adjusting the look of the imagery
- Language support: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Polish, Greek
- Low image quality
- Slow shutter speed
- No touch screen
- No manual focusing
- No manual exposure
- Low screen resolution
The compact Polaroid i20X29 Digital Camera is a compact and lightweight product. It is an affordable piece that takes stunningly gorgeous clear pictures.
But these pictures may not be as good as they should be. You cannot dub this camera the best or the top in its class with its mediocre performance. So this camera would be perfect for kids or beginners. For professionals, it is recommended to look for other compact options as this particular purchase does not offer the necessary features.
The camera does however allow you to take great selfies that can easily be transferred to your phone and uploaded as your story almost instantly. For this reason, it is the perfect pick for bloggers or vloggers who aren’t on the lookout for the most professional-looking pictures but definitely want a great camera.
15. Nikon Coolpix S7000 16 MP Point and Shoot Camera (Black) with 20x Optical Zoom, 8GB Memory Card and Camera Case
- 16MP – 1/2.3″ CMOS Sensor
- ISO 100 – 6400
- 25-500 mm F3.4-6.5 Zoom Lens
- Optical Image Stabilization
- 3″ Fixed Type Screen
- 9.2 fps continuous shooting
- 1920 x 1080 video resolution
- White, Black, Pink, Gold
- Built-in Wireless
- Weight: 165g
- Dimensions: 99 x 60 x 27 mm
- Camera is very easy to use
- 20X optical zoom lens is a great feature in a low priced digital camera
- Measures only 1.1 inches in thickness
- Plenty of special effects to use with this model
- NFC connectivity
- Cancontroll the amera with an app that you will have to downloads on your smartphone
- Comes with Face detection focus
- Very light weight
- 20x optical zoom
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- NFC capabilities
- Low light image quality could be better when using a mid-range ISO setting
- No manual control options
- Low battery, only 180 shots
- No RAW shooting
- No popup flash unit comes with only a tiny embedded flash
- No touch screen option
This camera by Nikon is available in four beautiful shades – black, gold, silver, and pink. All the colors are quite pretty and make the camera look very attractive and classy. The build is also quite sturdy as expected from this company.
One of many advantages of this camera is that it is affordable and action packed. The competitive pricing ensures that it is picked up more often than offerings from other brands. Also being very lightweight and compact, it is one of the Best Digital Compact Cameras in the market right now and is highly recommended.
These reviews were written solely to help you pick the Best Digital Compact Camera for yourself. We wanted to give you a thorough idea of each of these 15 products.
I am hopeful that this review has helped you decide which one is best suited for you and which ones are not. We sincerely encourage you to make an informed decision and invest in only the best.