|1. LimoStudio LMS103||2. Hpusn Softbox||3. Neewer 700W Octagon|
Is the light okay? Are there any reflections? This picture looks dull! Well, these are just a few of the colossal list of troubles that a photographer goes through.
From amateur to professional, proper lighting is the bread and butter of any lensman. Even a small ray of light, when used properly, can do wonders for a photographer.
Yes, sunlight is the best when it comes to natural lighting for pictures. But you can’t expect a man making a livelihood out of photography to depend entirely on that.
Hence, having a complete set of the best continuous lighting kit becomes extremely necessary for them.
So, without any more delay, let’s start by looking at the factors to consider before buying the lighting kits, for both purposes served by a camera, i.e., the best continuous lighting kit for photography and the best continuous lighting kit for video.
After considering all the below-mentioned factors and looking into product reviews, here is a list of the 11 options for this important camera accessory.
Top 11 Best Continuous Lighting Kits 2021
1. LimoStudio LMS103
No matter if you are a professional or an amateur, this is one of the best continuous lighting kits available in the market. If you are looking for a simple, trouble-free experience, this is probably your go-to.
But don’t underestimate simple for basic. The quality is that of any heavy-duty kit. By using the umbrellas to diffuse the light, this kit offers a near-natural light-like experience, giving enriching colors and soft texture to your portraits.
The shadows will be natural and you’ll get to see a full spectrum of colors in all your clicks. The neutral color of light allows you to capture the most realistic portraits. The complete kit is easy to carry and comes with a carry bag for comfort.
The pricing is as affordable as it can get. The images are sharper and the videos are crisper. It, therefore, is ideal for all kinds of photographers, both the masters and the apprentices.
- 45 W Photo CFL Bulb rated at 6000K 120V with 80% energy efficiency.
- Light Head: The light head has an E26 and E27 standard screw base and 1820 lumen.
- Reflectors: 2 x 33” black silvery reflector umbrella and 2 x 33” translucent soft white umbrella.
- Carry bag: 1 x photo equipment carry bag.
- Light stands: 1 x 28” light stand and 2 x 82” light stand.
- Package contents: 3 x 45W CFL Bulbs and 3 x bulb sockets.
- USE: Ideal for portrait photography, one of the best continuous lighting kits for photography, and the best continuous lighting kit for video.
- Sturdy built
- Value for money
- Energy efficient
- Easy to carry
- Simple and comfortable for both amateurs and professionals
- Finer details and soft light are top features visible in the pictures
- Higher voltage bulbs could have been better
- The positioning of the umbrellas and lights could cause problems
2. Hpusn Softbox Lighting Kit Professional Studio
HPUSN’S Softboxes offer some premium quality lighting for all kinds of camerawork. They are made of high-quality durable materials. The main purpose of this beauty of a product is to provide for bright and soft light, making the photos detailed.
This kit can be used for all kinds of photography and videography, including commercial photography, fashion photography, children photography, food photography, animal photography, and of course portrait shoots.
The HPUSN Softbox Continuous Lighting Kit is easy to adjust and adapts to almost all the possible situations. Thanks to the 210 degrees rotatable head, it is a child’s work to set up this equipment for all your needs.
Now you can shoot from multiple angles and positions as per your requirement, with comfort and ease. This kit is highly recommended as it is affordable and very effortless in adjustment and setting.
This surely is one of the most sought after options in the list of the best continuous lighting kit for both photography and videography.
- High-quality PET material that maintains great reflective performance and is also durable.
- The standard E27 socket with 2 x 85W CFL bulbs, is equivalent to 800 W of power and thus saves 80% energy.
- The bulbs can last approx. 8000 hours, making them highly dependable and durable.
- With the 5500K temperature, the light produced is balanced and pure, providing for a brilliant space for photography.
- The 210 degrees rotatable head is ideal for setting the equipment anywhere and everywhere quite comfortably, making it highly adaptable.
- High-quality material
- Great for closed-door photography and videography
- Easy to set up
- 210 degrees rotatable head with an adjustable stand makes it flexible for all kinds of photography and videography
- With a heavy top and lighter legs, it might fall over at times, making it difficult for it to balance
3. Neewer 700W Octagon Softbox Continuous Lighting Kit
The Neewer 700W Octagon Softbox is probably the best continuous lighting kit currently available in the market. The whole sole reason being the fact that you hardly see any Cons in it and next to nil complaints.
This kit happens to have the best reviews in terms of the quality of portraits that it clicks. That makes it a must-add in the list of best continuous lighting kits and also the best continuous lighting kit for photography and the best continuous lighting kit for video.
The Octagon Softbox is the highlight of this lighting kit. It offers perfect lighting to provide you with the best portraits and videos. This kit is perfect for portraits, industrial, scientific and technical photography, video shoots, and advertising products.
With easily adjustable stands, E27 sockets for comfort in use, and highly sturdy and durable aluminum alloy construction, this kit should definitely be on your list.
- 80 X 80cms Octagon Softbox makes the quality of light soft, which makes any click beautiful and perfect.
- The E27 socket allows you to directly attach light bulbs, fluorescent lamps, or slave flash to offer bright streams of light.
- An 85W light bulb with 5500K temperature offers lighting as good as natural lighting.
- The 88 inches adjustable light stand is made up of aluminum alloy, is strong yet light, and easy to collapse and carry.
- The kit comes with a carry bag to protect and safely carry your gear.
- Octagon Softbox for perfect lighting
- Strong and lightweight
- Carry bag for protection
- 85W bulb with 5500K temperature for natural-like lighting
- No cons as such. This one is a brilliant piece of lighting and probably the best continuous lighting kit for photography and the best continuous lighting kit for video.
4. Mountdog Photography Continuous Softbox Lighting Kit
If you are looking for affordable options for investing in the best continuous lighting kit for photography and the best continuous lighting kit for video, this might just be your go-to option in the current market.
With its 1 1 daylight bulbs at 95W and 5500K temperature, and adjustable stand, it gives you crisp images and videos even in dim spaces and environments. The lights are exceptionally energy-efficient, with the two bulbs lasting approximately 8000 hours and saving 80% energy.
The softbox light reflector is made up of high quality professional particulate silver film reflective fabric with nylon white screen. This setup softens the hard light and minimizes the shadows visible in the images and videos.
With just a few simple settings and adjustments, you are all set to click and capture the best portraits. This kit is ideal for portrait photography, fashion, and children photography, and so on.
Also, to add to the list of features, if you are lucky enough, you might as well find yourself having a warranty of 12 months along with this kit, from the company itself.
- 2 x 95W 130V Photo bulbs with E27 socket with 5500K temperature for perfect and near-natural lighting.
- Up to 80% energy efficient as well as approximately 8000 hours of soft and smooth lighting.
- Flexible softbox stand, with 27 to 80 inches adjustable-height tripod.
- High-quality softbox with professional particulate silver film reflective fabric with nylon screen.
- One-piece opening and folding which makes it easy to adjust, compact to carry, and comfortable to use.
- 2 light bulbs instead of only 1
- 210 degrees adjustable softbox
- Sturdy and light
- Extra bright and energy-efficient lights
- Easy to assemble and disassemble
- Extremely light and fragile
- A wider footprint would have been better
- The quality of images is not up to the mark once you take it beyond 5 ft
- Brightness is not adjustable
5. Esddi Softbox Photography Lighting Kit
If you are looking for a fun and easy way to click some snaps and create some stories with your family and friends, or even for professional clicks or videography, the EDSSI Softbox Photography Lighting Kit is a great choice.
This kit is perfect for recording daily joyous moments as well as dedicated professional work. The dual compatibility of this continuous lighting kit is the reason why it makes its way on our list of the best continuous lighting kit and the best continuous lighting kit for photography as well as the best continuous lighting kit for video.
It is perfectly suited for fashion photography, model photography, portraits, etc., as well as for vlogging, YouTubing, and live streaming for content creators. The uniform lighting is ideal to capture the perfect frames with all the intricate details.
The 85W CFL bulbs are energy efficient as well as give a pure white light stream, just like natural lighting, for softer tones and sharper details. The 5500K temperature ensures the production of balanced white tones like natural daylight.
The silver reflective material ensures a minimal loss of light, maintaining proper reflections, and next to nil shadows to hamper the process. This one is recommended for both the masters and apprentices of lenswork.
- 2 x 85W daylight CFL bulbs with 5500K temperature for perfect lighting and beautiful shots.
- Energy efficiency up to 80% with approximately 8000 hours of output.
- 210 degrees rotatable head for adapting with any situation and position.
- An adjustable stand makes it easy to position and carry.
- Sturdy aluminum built keeps it stable.
- Durable and sturdy built
- Adjustable softbox heads
- Lightweight and portable, courtesy an included carry bag
- Great for YouTube videos and vlogs
- Easy to assemble and set up
- Tripods are light hence less stable
- The light sockets are not durable
- Not high-end professional lighting
6. Emart 60 LED Continuous Portable Photography Lighting Kit
If you are a beginner in the field of photography or you are a vlogger and are interested in YouTubing, then the Emart 60 LED Continuous Portable Photography kit is your go-to lighting set up. This particular lighting kit is a tabletop set up, making it an ideal choice for product photography.
With a variable light temperature between 3300K and 5500K, this kit provides quick adjustments for more than one environment. It offers the perfect daylight temperature for natural photography and the double temperature color allows more variety.
The quadrilateral heat dissipation system ensures that your lighting setup does not over-heat and hamper your progress towards exceptional results. The SMD technology ensures that these LED lights are more energy-efficient as compared to your standard CFLs and incandescent lamps.
If you are looking for the best continuous lighting kit for video, this could be your pick as it is light, affordable, and durable and suitable for beginners and intermediates.
- 2 X 15W high output tabletop LED photography light with stand.
- Comes with gel filters in 4 colors – red, blue, orange, and white.
- Great for capturing small to medium-sized subjects.
- 60 LED, 1400 Lumen with 180 degrees adjustable stand makes it adaptable for various situations.
- Double temperature color at 5500K AND 3300K provide for quick adjustments for professional pictures.
- Quadrilateral heat dissipation system for faster cooling.
- More energy-efficient than CFLs and incandescent lamps.
- Perfect for recording videos and creating vlogs
- Does not heat up quickly
- The AC/DC adapter protects your setup while you adjust the brightness of the lights
- Easy to set up and assemble
- Value for money
- Small set up, suitable for only small to medium-sized products
- Filters are not very diffusing
- No switch to control brightness hence it seems too bright for certain scenarios
7. Mountdog Photography Studio Softbox Lighting Kit
Unlike the previous Mountdog model mentioned in this list, this particular one comes with 3 CFLs with a wattage of 95W. The specialty of this kit is the fact that this lighting is softer and doesn’t irritate the eyes.
This is the first kit on this listing that comes with a sandbag for supporting the stand. The support from the sandbag gives you a wider array of positions and multiple angles to choose from, to get your best shot.
This kit again comes with a 210 degrees adjustable head, making it extremely convenient to adapt to different situations for a variety of lighting effects. The independent lock button secures the position and you are all set to go.
The softbox is foldable, and the entire kit comes with a carry bag, making it way more comfortable to port around. If you are looking for a bit more professional lighting and you are willing to raise your budget a little, this is a great option for the best continuous lighting kit.
- 3 x 95W CFL bulbs with a standard E27 socket.
- Energy-efficient as compared to other incandescent lamps.
- 54” long boom arm with holder arm grip and sandbag for better support.
- 210 degrees rotatable head with an independent lock button to adapt to any angle and situation.
- Sturdy aluminum alloy body that is easy to adjust and is durable.
- Comes with 3 CFL bulbs
- Has a sandbag for support
- Easy to assemble
- Best continuous lighting kit for video
- Stand material is very thin thus, easy to bend
- Price on the higher side
8. Emart 600W Photography Photo Video Portrait Studio
This is a complete photo studio lighting kit for both portrait photography as well as shooting videos. The kit comes with three 45W CFLs, providing a full spectrum of light with its 5500K temperature.
The natural lighting does not eat up any extra energy though. These lights are more energy-efficient as compared to any other bulbs or incandescent lamps. It comes with 2 black/silver reflector umbrellas and 2 translucent white soft umbrellas for emanating the perfect soft lighting.
Apart from the stand and other bits and bobs of the kit, it also comes with two separate carry bags – one for the bulbs and the other for the entire kit. The carry bag makes portability easy as it is heavy-duty.
The kit specializes in providing premium lighting solutions and hence takes up a special spot on our list of the best continuous lighting kit for photography and the best continuous lighting kit for video.
- Full-spectrum energy-saving CFLs with 45W wattage and 5500K temperature for natural-like lighting.
- 4 umbrellas, 2 black/silver reflector umbrellas, and 2 translucent white umbrellas for softer lighting and crisper shots.
- 2 x 83-inch photography light stand and 1 x 33-inch photography light stand for better effects on the images.
- 1 x bulb carry case and 1 x heavy-duty carry case for the entire kit, making it easily portable.
- Easy to assemble and dismantle
- Strong and sturdy umbrella stands, but not very heavy
- Good quality bulbs
- Umbrellas in two separate colors provide for more depth in and clarity in the stills or videos taken
- Awkward fitting inside the carry bag
- Wear and tear might happen within a few times of use, if not taken care of properly
- Plastic sockets
- Threads used in umbrella screws might start wearing soon
9. Neewer 600W 5500K Photography Photo Video Portrait Studio
This is a complete kit with both standard tall stands and a tabletop stand for small or medium-sized subjects. It is a professional kit suitable for advertising and marketing products, scientific and technical photography, and photo reproduction.
The white translucent umbrellas provide neutral lighting which is similar to natural lighting. An added benefit is that these are extremely lightweight, making it very easy to set it up and carry along.
The single head light holder allows you to attach a bulb and mount an umbrella on the same stand quite comfortably. The kit comes with a carry bag for bulbs as well as umbrellas, making it portable and easy to transport.
With the capacity to transmit premium soft lighting and the variety offered by this kit, it most definitely is a go-to for professionals and is one of the best continuous lighting kits on our lists of best continuous lighting kit for photography and best continuous lighting kit for video.
- 1 x 83” tall light stand and 1 x 33” tabletop light stand for various kinds of photography and videography options.
- 3 x 45W daylight bulbs for neutral lighting.
- Single head light holder for affixing both the bulb and umbrella on the same stand.
- Separate carry cases for both bulbs and umbrellas.
- Energy-efficient spiral bulbs.
- Sturdy aluminum alloy stands
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- The Single head light holder gives flexibility to the user
- Easy to set up
- Spiral bulbs that are extremely energy-efficient
- Sockets are plastic-based, hence not durable
- The umbrellas might appear to be spotty at times
- Brightness is not adjustable
10. Kshioe Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit
This is one professional kit with everything you need, quite literally. Well, up till now in this listing for the best continuous lighting kit for photography, we have seen almost every kit comes with different styles of lighting equipment, light stands, and umbrellas. Some even had sandbags for support. But we have not seen anything quite like this.
This particular lighting kit comes with all that you need and also all that you want. It comprises background stands, which you have not seen in any of the kits previously mentioned. It also comes with 2 single head lights.
The best part about this is that all of this and more are available at budget costs and the kit is as professional as it can get. Truly one of the best continuous lighting kits for photography, especially indoors.
- 2 x translucent white umbrellas and 2 x black/silver umbrellas for depth and effects in photography and videography.
- 2 x single head photo lighting fluorescent light holder for convenient fixing of light and umbrella.
- 2 x digital full-spectrum daylight balanced light bulbs for softer lighting and beautiful hues in your stills and videos.
- 2 x 79” tall stands of premium quality made up of durable alloy.
- Background stand with non-woven clothes in 3 shades – black, white, and green
- Fish mouth clamps for support
- Everything you need at an affordable price
- Background stand and backdrops included
- Easy to set up and use
- Sturdy equipment
- Backdrop material crinkles too easily and has to be ironed again and again
- Clothes not of the finest quality, seem transparent
- Sturdy, but not sturdy enough
- The height of all the stands is not enough for an adult even after adjustment
11. Esddi Softbox Lighting Kit Photo Studio
The 5400K temperature along with 2020 Lumens aids the bulb to emit a balanced daylight stream, which is as good as natural lighting. There is no flicker, pause, or interruption. Just switch it on and boom!
The inner granular stone pattern is the key to this kit’s durability. It ensures maximum reflection with minuscule loss of light, thus making sure that the efficiency is maintained. The white silk cover ensures uniformity, all eventually leading to smooth and soft light.
Another model with a 210 degrees rotatable head, adjustment and adaptability for all specifications is never an issue with this kit. Also, not to forget, this is suitable for all your photography and videography needs, be it personal or professional.
The exciting factor here is that if you get lucky, you might as well end up having a lifetime warranty with this setup.
- 2 x 50W LED bulbs lasting approximately 25000 hours and 80% energy-efficient.
- 5400K color temperature and 2020 Lumens for balanced daylight.
- High-quality granular stone pattern on the inside to minimize loss of light.
- Stable aluminum adjustable stand to meet all your photography needs.
- Super energy-efficient
- Easy to adjust
- Round LED lamps are brilliant for diffusing light
- Useful for all including professionals
- Diffusion might just be a little heavy
- Stand and other bits and bobs are fragile, meaning they can be damaged easily
What To Look For When Buying Best Continuous Lighting Kit
Various things have to be taken into consideration before putting in huge sums of money into a lighting kit. The best continuous lighting kits have certain specifications that make them stand out from the rest.
Here is a list of the things you need to consider before buying.
1. Equipment Type
It is important to understand the various types of equipment that are available in the market before you invest in one. It is usually advised to buy a single piece like an umbrella or a softbox first.
You then need to check if it works for you, then buy another piece. Usually, a reflector is bought along with the first piece, to minimize the shadows.
2. Type Of Light Source
Since we are looking for the best continuous lighting kit, our focus is only on continuous lighting sources. These usually include lamp bulbs and halogens.
They are the key to making any kit the best continuous lighting kit for photography and the best continuous lighting kit for video.
3. Temperature Of The Light Source
Usually called White Balance in the world of photography, the best light source, i.e., natural light, has a temperature of 5500 Kelvin.
So, before buying a kit, it becomes obvious that if you want the best pictures, you need to invest in a kit that has a white balance closest to natural light.
Looking at the wattage offered by the light kit is essential. For those who might not know, brighter light can be achieved by higher wattage of the lighting kit.
When a combination of bouncers and reflectors is established, the best continuous lighting kit must offer a wattage between 500 to 750 Watts. That is considered to be optimal for the best results.
5. Intensity Of Light
Nowadays there is no shortage of equipment in the market that aids a lensman in adjusting the intensity of a light source. A Diffuser is the most common one that is used to adjust the power.
Controlling the intensity of the lighting kit is essential for getting the best pictures.
Pick The Best Continuous Lighting Kit Now!
All the kits mentioned above are great if you ask me. Yes, there are differences here and there, but that is what forces you to choose. Remember, if something resolves your problems and aids in all your needs, it is right for you. No matter how wrong it may be for any other person.
Lighting is an essential ingredient in cooking up the best snaps and videos. But the right kind helps you add that extra spice to your final outcome that makes it different, unique, and your style. It is what helps the end result to gather an audience and receive appreciation.
Your pictures, vlogs, or videos must reflect your personality and thus, your choice of lighting becomes as important as your choice of subject. Add that little oomph to your content by sprinkling some magic dust, i.e., great lighting, and create magic. Remember, no product here is better than the other, but one might just be better for you.
So, what are you waiting for? Go grab your camera, buy some lights, and start unleashing your spirit into your photos and videos.
Happy Shopping everyone!
FAQs on Continuous Lighting Kits
1. What Kind Of Lighting Is Better For Studio Photography – Continuous Or Strobes?
Continuous lighting heats up a lot more than strobe lighting. However, it is also cheaper. It eventually boils down to how much money you are willing to invest.
2. Does The Carry Bag Hold All The Contents Properly?
Well, it does. However, you will have to arrange everything properly for it all to fit in.
3. Which Lighting Is Best For Beginners – Flash Or Continuous?
Continuous lighting kits are cheaper and easier to set up for a beginner.
4. How To Get Almost Natural-Like Lighting?
Pick your light bulbs with a temperature rating as 5500K, which is closest to natural light.
5. Which Bulbs Are Better – CFLs or LEDs?
LED light bulbs save upto 80% more energy as compared to standard CFLs.